Virtual Art Class: Polka Dots! Polka Dots! Polka Dots!
Join Sierra Cole on September 30 for a fun and creative evening! In this virtual art class, you will explore needle felting and wet felting techniques to make simple felted wool balls that then will be used to create your very own abstract polka dot wall art!
- When: September 30 at 6pm
- Where: This class is conducted virtually via Zoom. You can tune in from the comfort of your own home!
- Tickets: Tickets are $15/student. Click HERE to purchase your ticket.
- Supplies: Materials are not included in the ticket price. Students may purchase their materials on their own, or they can purchase a beautifully curated supply kit from Sierra by clicking HERE.
- About the Artist: Sierra started felting in 2001 under the guidance of her boss (and now friend) while working at small town newspaper. Discovering a passion for fiber and color, she left the newspaper to pursue a full-time career as a fiber artist. She has participated in art shows throughout the midwest such as: Laumeier, Ann Arbor Art Fair, Gold Coast, Art Fair on the Square Madison, 57th Street Chicago, and Penrod at the Indianapolis Museum of Art. She has also shown work at 337 Project Space, Light Gallery + Studio, Paint Creek Center for the Arts, and Lemonade Stand Gallery. She was a participant in ArtPrize 2015 as part of Processing Fiber at 250 Monroe which was placed on the Juror Shortlist for Outstanding Venue by Steven Matijcio, Cincinnati-based Curator at the Contemporary Arts Center. Sierra graduated from Michigan State University with a bachelor’s degree of fine art, with a focus on graphic design and printmaking. She lives and works in a 105 year-old home in the Eastown neighborhood of Grand Rapids, Michigan.