This Gallery Shop Sales Agreement (The Agreement) is made between The Guild of Artists & Artisans (The Guild) and The Artist.
The Artist understands that artwork accepted for the gallery shop must be available through the Holiday Artist Market dates (November 4 - December 23).
Delivering and Restocking Artwork
The Artist is responsible for delivering artwork to Gutman Gallery during a scheduled appointment time. All artwork must be ready for presentation upon delivery. The Artist understands that The Guild reserves the right to choose not to display artwork if it differs from the originally submitted images and description.
If necessary, all shipping and packing costs will be the responsibility of the Artist. The Artist is responsible for coordinating transportation of artwork.
Picking Up Unsold Artwork
The Artist is responsible for picking up unsold artwork from Gutman Gallery on the designated pick-up date and time (early January 2021). Artwork will only be released to someone other than the artist if prior arrangements have been made. If the artwork has not been picked up 30 days after the agreed upon pick-up date, the artwork will become property of The Guild, and The Guild reserves the right to treat the artwork as a donation.
If necessary, all shipping and packing costs will be the responsibility of the Artist. The Artist is responsible for coordinating transportation of unsold artwork.
Any work sold in the gallery shop will result in the artist members receiving 75% of the sale price, with The Guild keeping the remaining 25%. The Guild will charge tax at the time of the sale and remit this as required by law. The Artist will receive payment for sold work(s) at the end of each month.
The Guild will extend hours and participate in Festive Fridays throughout the duration of the Holiday Artist Market. The Guild may participate in Discount Friday on one of the Fridays in December, offering no more than 15% discounts. The discount would come off the top before commission is split. Artists will be notified with the details if The Guild participates in this promotion.
The Artist understands that The Guild does extensive promotion on traditional and social media. The Guild may publish photographs of artwork for promotional purposes.
Care and Preservation of Artwork
The Guild agrees to professionally care for all artwork in the gallery and to report any damage or other findings to the Artist. The Guild is not responsible for cleaning, restoring, or reframing the artwork.
Liability & Insurance
In displaying artwork in the gallery shop, The Guild is acting solely as a representative of the Artist, and neither it nor its members shall be liable for loss or damage to artwork due to fire, theft, loss or destruction of any kind other than those created by The Guild’s negligence. The Guild may maintain insurance coverage for or on any artwork as it deems appropriate, but it shall have no obligation to do so. The Guild recommends that the Artist have their own proper insurance coverage during the exhibition period, as well as during the transportation period to and from Gutman Gallery.
I, the Artist, acknowledge that I have read and understand the information in the agreement, as well as The Guild Exhibition Rules and Standards as provided in the prospectus.